Saturday 16 March 2013

Baby Steps

My new resolution is to manage a fast walk for at least 30 minutes every day. Today I went out for a bit longer as I badly needed to get away from never-ending housework (it still hasn't all got done but I've now given up for the day). I was out for an hour and three times managed very short bursts of a gentle jog. By my standards a pretty poor effort at jogging but compared to so many people I see out, not so bad. But the main thing is I could go faster than a walk! It wasn't pain free but the discomfort was minimal as long as I didn't push it for more than 30-60 seconds. Sometimes I tried it and really couldn't, but it is progress.

And it bodes well for helping me get back in shape. Although the worst pain has been gone for a while now, I still haven't been able to completely get rid of the lurgy. It's not too bad now though so hopefully I can get back to the gym at last, too! The absence of training means I've had to put away some of my favourite Metalicus things because right now they feel just a little bit too clingy :-(

In other news: Far too many knitting projects vying for my time right now, with the unsurprising result being nothing is actually getting finished.

No comments: