Saturday 24 August 2013

Making things

Well I still haven't made myself anything but I did eventually get around to finishing up the Monster Moggy (another pattern from 'Knitted Cats and Kittens' by the fabulous Sue Stratford- www.theknittinghut.co.uk ). Here he is:


He's a bit bigger than I expected- about 20cm tall- so he's turned into a kind of household familiar and guards the front door. I'm on the way to finishing up another of Sue's cat patterns, a crazy stripey creature and great for helping to get through a stash. I think I'll be making quite a few in a variety of colourways so watch this space...

The last week or so I've also turned my hand to a spot of jewellery making. Fabric brooches to be exact. They've been a lot of fun to make and are another stashbusting project as you can use up all those bits of felt, old t-shirts and random buttons and beads. Here are a few:

 

So much still to do but it's almost the end of the summer holidays. Next weekend I will treat myself to a last session of sewing before life gets too hectic and the table has a permanent covering of the kids' homework and resources for my work.

No comments: