Saturday 3 November 2018

Walking

In this strange recovery period I've started to take at least one walk every day. Nothing long, often just 10- 20 minutes simply to get some fresh air and stretch my legs. It feels so odd to not run every day and to feel tired when I do run, but the need and desire to move every day is still there.

A little chat with Phil today about recovery and training ended with what ought to be a very welcome piece of advice:
decondition and get a bit fat

But that's probably the thing I find hardest to do even though I completely understand why it's necessary. I don't have a great figure at the best of times and when I lose condition and gain a little weight all that happens is I get a wobbly belly and can't fit into any of my clothes comfortably. I hate it!

So I'm trying to find a balance between letting my body really recover, getting good nutrition in every day and moving regularly. Hence the walking. And sometimes a walk is great because just a few minutes from my house this evening I saw this:


No comments: