Wednesday 23 November 2022

Countdown

No more training sessions. 

Kit sorted and boxed.

Race food bagged up and packed.

Pre-race hypochondria/ultramaranoia has begun- there's a lot of illness at work, including Covid, and my right leg feels weird despite a massage on Monday.

I'm trying not to look at the weather forecast as it keeps changing and there is so much variation between different weather services. In any case, weather is a variable I can't influence so there's no point worrying about it. If it stays wet then likely the Mole will stay flooded and there'll be a diversion with an extra little loop somewhere and although I want to run the course exactly as I know it, it might not work out that way on the day.

Up until this morning I was feeling fairly calm about it all. Now the butterflies have taken up residence in my stomach and I'm really jittery. But I've done all I could do in training and all that's left is to stay healthy and safe, and to eat and rest. The race is the victory lap- a celebration of all the hard work and sacrifices I've made this year to be in the best shape ever, a celebration of all the preparation and focus. 

I'm ready for this.



No comments: