Thursday 3 January 2019

Decision Time



I slept on it (sort of slept), then nearly slept on it again. Then I just thought like Archy the cockroach and said to myself 'wotthehell' and took up my place for OCC. It will be my third time in Chamonix, but my first as a competitor there. I use the term 'competitor' very loosely- I really will just be aiming to get round safely within the cutoff!

So although I haven't even started this year's training it's already time for a bit of a rethink although it won't really affect what I've planned for to take me up to Eco Trail Florence. After then I think I need a decent recovery and then aim to be getting a serious climb session in once a month May-July plus whatever hill-reps I can manage here. I'd still like to do some decent back to back runs but I didn't manage a lot of those in August last year so hopefully the fact that I won't get many this August either won't be a problem for A100.

Mileage this year is likely to be lower but that doesn't matter- I think it will be good to have more of a focus on higher quality stuff and hopefully the climb work will benefit me in A100 just in terms of being stronger and more efficient. The lumps and bumps of the Ridgeway and TP will seem very small in comparison!

Motto for the year is onwards and upwards, one day at a time.




No comments: