Thursday 28 October 2021

Halloweenies

Not so much running and Crossfit happening at the moment. Energy levels and general health have taken a bit of a dive, and I've been experiencing some kind of anxiety attacks as well. I have sought medical advice but there's not a lot anyone can do really. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so strong- somehow I keep going when what I think my mind and body need are proper rest and respite. But proper rest and respite aren't available to me so I'll have to keep going until I break.

Recently there was a cute free pattern on the Lovecrafts website for little figures called Halloweenies (the pattern is by Cilla Webb- find her on Instagram @cillaspurls). I've been making quite a few of these as they're great for using up DK yarn and don't take long to make. 


These are the first three I made. Since then I've adapted the pattern slightly and made little horns for them too:



They don't require any special techniques; the body splits when you get to knitting the legs and although the pattern says to keep the spare stitches on the needle I prefer to transfer them to a stitch holder while I knit the first leg. The arms and horns are knit separately and sewn on.

I think it could be fun to adapt these to make something Christmassy but I'm not thinking that far ahead yet, although I do have sparkly DK yarn left over from last year's Hugglings which would be perfect. 

For now, back to some knitting but hopefully I'll have some running-related things to write about fairly soon.


No comments: