Sunday 6 October 2019

Game face

I've disappeared from social media. Things keep tripping me up and somehow I have to be ready for the coming weekend.

Running an ultra with the knowledge that it will be a suffer-fest is new to me. Running an ultra knowing that there will be no one waiting or caring is new to me. Running to numb pain isn't new but this pain is like nothing I have ever experienced. It is my intention to leave it all out there on the course, to finish with nothing left. I don't know how hard I can run 100 miles or whether I can finish it if I push myself like that. I guess as long as I keep forcing calories and drinks down my throat then I can keep going. The pain won't matter.

Day breaks
Salt-grey
Another day
Chasing the ghost of you.

Sun sets
Bitter dark
Another night
Aching for the feather of your touch.

I hear the whisper of your smile
The gentle tread
Of sure feet 
Running
Vanishing
Out of reach.


No comments: